Serving San Bernardino & Los Angeles Counties 
(760) 244-0021
Valleywide Newspapers
PO Box 400937
Hesperia, CA 92345
Valleywide Newspapers | 16925 Main Street Hesperia, CA 92345 | Phone: 760-244-0021 | Fax: 760-244-6609
Terms and Conditions.
All Rights Reserved.
See 10-Day Forecast
© HotelsCombined.com
Just Need To Send Us Your Filed Document For Publishing? Click Here
 
Home Page
(661) 947-5009
Antelope Valley Journal
3166 East Palmdale Blvd.
Palmdale, CA 93550
Publishing Your Fictitious
Business Name Is Fast And Easy
Click One Of The Links Below

BannerFans.com

FREE Online Classified Ads
It's Simple, It's Fast And It's Always
FREE
Free Online Classifieds

To One Of The
Valleywide Newspapers.
Receive 52 Weeks Of your Favorite Community Newspaper
REQUIREMENTS & FEES FOR
SAN BERNARDINO COUNTY
1-800-GET-LENS
BannerFans.com

West Nile Virus Update

As of September 30, 2014, there have been 1,177 human cases of West Nile Virus (WNV) reported nationally to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Of these, 656 (56%) of the human cases were classified as West Nile neuroinvasive disease (i.e. meningitis or encephalitis). The remaining 521 (44%) cases are the less severe form of the disease, West Nile fever.

So far this year, California has had a total of 428 human cases of WNV. Eleven of those were in San Bernardino County. There have been no fatalities reported so far. Human cases in San Bernardino County remain low compared to the state average. The County of San Bernardino Department of Public Health Division of Environmental Health Services’ (EHS) Mosquito and Vector Control Program (MVCP) continues to protect the County from WNV through proactive inspections, education, abatement and surveillance.
Fight Back Against Scams in Your State

AARP's Fraud Watch Network links you with experts, law enforcement and people like you who are on the lookout for scams. Check out the latest alerts from state Attorneys General and other local officials, read what people are reporting in your state, and let us know about any suspicious emails, phone calls or other scams you’ve seen in your area. We’ll add your experience to the map so others know what to watch out for!

  More Fraud alerts for California and other areas
My 84 year old father in Brea, CA received the phone call regarding his grandson being in jail for a DUI. Although a thoughtful and intelligent man, he immediately went to the bank and withdrew the money then went to a Ralphs store purchasing 4500.00 in cash credit card. He then called the numbers to the lawyer. Not until later in the day, when he realized his grandson did not call him that he had been scammed. It is not only about the money...he is devasted. He cares for my mom who has advanced dementia and pulmonary fibrosis. Life is hard for him and this made him feel foolish and minimalized. We did report it to local police station. My sister went to the Ralphs and warned them if they see an elderly person purchasing a gift card with cash...they claimed they knew there had been some problems and pulled the cards- this sounded odd to me. On discussing this, I found that another family member related by marriage had done the same thing (WWII vet) but had done it via Western Union and got the money back.
My 98-yr old mother has received 3 calls in the last week from men claiming to be from the IRS or U.S. Treasury Dept. They claim a complaint has been filed against her for tax fraud and they will issue a warrant for her arrest if she doesn't call them. Luckily, she has enough smarts to not call. They have left 4 different call-back numbers, some of them 888 numbers. When I tried to call the last number (213), the number was already a non-working number
Phone call allegedly from my grandson (16) "Gramma, I'm in trouble." He had a bad cold and voice changing so wasn't suspecious. In car crash while driving inibriated friend home and was in crash and now jail. Judge would not put incident on his record if bail paid by day's end. His lawyer would explain--I was transferred to fast talking "public defender" who told me to buy Green.dot cards and call with serial number. Scam devastating--plays on a grandparent's emotions. I lost all common sense.
AVG Internet Security 2015